In this editorial, the authors suggest broadening the mandate of pediatric anesthesiologists to examine all aspects of pediatric care and determine ways that it can be improved. As the specialty that cares for children in the operating room, intensive care units, and pain clinics, anesthesiologists are uniquely positioned to take on the challenge of determining which factors are most important in assuring optimal care for patients.
- Make a difference this holiday!
- Dexmedetomidine attenuates ethanol-induced inhibition of hippocampal neurogenesis in neonatal mice
- miR-455-3p alleviates propofol-induced neurotoxicity by reducing EphA4 expression in developing neurons
- Propofol inhibits the expression of Abelson nonreceptor tyrosine kinase without affecting learning or memory function in neonatal rats
- MicroRNA-204-5p mediates sevoflurane-induced cytotoxicity in HT22 cells by targeting brain-derived neurotrophic factor