In this editorial, the authors suggest broadening the mandate of pediatric anesthesiologists to examine all aspects of pediatric care and determine ways that it can be improved. As the specialty that cares for children in the operating room, intensive care units, and pain clinics, anesthesiologists are uniquely positioned to take on the challenge of determining which factors are most important in assuring optimal care for patients.
- General anaesthesia during infancy reduces white matter micro-organisation in developing rhesus monkeys British Journal of Anaesthesia
- A synthetic peptide rescues rat cortical neurons from anesthetic-induced cell death, perturbation of growth and synaptic assembly
- The Effects of Hesperidin on Neuronal Apoptosis and Cognitive Impairment in the Sevoflurane Anesthetized Rat are Mediated Through the PI3/Akt/PTEN and Nuclear Factor-κB (NF-κB) Signaling Pathways
- Dexmedetomidine and Clonidine Attenuate Sevoflurane-Induced Tau Phosphorylation and Cognitive Impairment in Young Mice via α-2 Adrenergic Receptor
- Regulation of CRMP2 by Cdk5 and GSK-3β participates in sevoflurane-induced dendritic development abnormalities and cognitive dysfunction in developing rats