The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) has formally endorsed the SmartTots Consensus Statement, released December 14, 2012. The consensus statement now carries the endorsement of the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesia & Critical Care (SNACC) and European Society of Anesthesiology (ESA).
- Pack your bags, we’re going to Montreal!
- Neurodevelopmental effects of anesthesia and environmental factors
- Role of environmental stressors in determining the developmental outcome of neonatal anesthesia
- Insufficient Astrocyte-Derived Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Contributes to Propofol-Induced Neuron Death through Akt/Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3β/Mitochondrial Fission Pathway
- Early Developmental Exposure to General Anesthetic Agents in Primary Neuron Culture Disrupts Synapse Formation via Actions on the mTOR Pathway