The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) has formally endorsed the SmartTots Consensus Statement, released December 14, 2012. The consensus statement now carries the endorsement of the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesia & Critical Care (SNACC) and European Society of Anesthesiology (ESA).
- European Statement re: the FDA statement on neurotox
- A holistic approach to anesthesia-induced neurotoxicity and its implications for future mechanistic studies
- Sevoflurane decreases self-renewal capacity and causes c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated damage of rat fetal neural stem cells
- Minimally invasive biomarkers of general anesthetic-induced developmental neurotoxicity
- Neonatal inhibition of Na+-K+-2Cl−-cotransporter prevents ketamine induced spatial learning and memory impairments