The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) has formally endorsed the SmartTots Consensus Statement, released December 14, 2012. The consensus statement now carries the endorsement of the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesia & Critical Care (SNACC) and European Society of Anesthesiology (ESA).
- Dr. Sun shares her plans for SmartTots
- Changes in sensory processing after anesthesia in toddlers.
- Caffeine Augments Anesthesia Neurotoxicity in the Fetal Macaque Brain.
- Persistent alteration in behavioural reactivity to a mild social stressor in rhesus monkeys repeatedly exposed to sevoflurane in infancy.
- A neurosteroid analogue with T-type calcium channel blocking properties is an effective hypnotic, but is not harmful to neonatal rat brain.