We were interested to read the study by Schneuer et al looking at whether anesthesia in young children impacts on subsequent developmental assessment or school performance, and applaud their efforts to further examine what is a very important question for anesthetists, surgeons and parents. We feel that the study adds to the growing body of evidence that unnecessary multiple or prolonged general anesthetics should be avoided in early life.
- Overexpression of lncRNA Gm15621 alleviates apoptosis and inflammation response resulting from sevoflurane treatment through inhibiting miR-133a/Sox4.
- Role of autophagy in sevoflurane-induced neurotoxicity in neonatal rat hippocampal cells.
- The positive allosteric modulation of GABAA receptors mRNA in immature hippocampal rat neurons by midazolam affects receptor expression and induces apoptosis.
- Euxanthone Ameliorates Sevoflurane-Induced Neurotoxicity in Neonatal Mice.
- Toxicity mechanism of sevoflurane in neural stem cells of rats through DNA methylation.