General anesthesia may cause unintended side effects in some infants, studies have found. Regional anesthesia may therefore be the better option.
- The 2nd International Conference on Paediatric Anaesthesia and Neurotoxicity – From GAS to Future Collaborative Trials
- General Anesthesia and Young Brain: What is New?
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes of neonates undergoing surgery under general anesthesia for malrotation of intestines
- Neuroprotection and neurotoxicity in the developing brain: an update on the effects of dexmedetomidine and xenon
- Neuroprotection by plumbagin involves BDNF-TrkB-PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2/JNK pathways in isoflurane-induced neonatal rats