General anesthesia may cause unintended side effects in some infants, studies have found. Regional anesthesia may therefore be the better option.
- Dr. Sun shares her plans for SmartTots
- Changes in sensory processing after anesthesia in toddlers.
- Caffeine Augments Anesthesia Neurotoxicity in the Fetal Macaque Brain.
- Persistent alteration in behavioural reactivity to a mild social stressor in rhesus monkeys repeatedly exposed to sevoflurane in infancy.
- A neurosteroid analogue with T-type calcium channel blocking properties is an effective hypnotic, but is not harmful to neonatal rat brain.