General anesthesia may cause unintended side effects in some infants, studies have found. Regional anesthesia may therefore be the better option.
- Alternative technique or mitigating strategy for sevoflurane-induced neurodegeneration: a randomized controlled dose-escalation study of dexmedetomidine in neonatal rats
- Sevoflurane Affects Oxidative Stress and Alters Apoptosis Status in Children and Cultured Neural Stem Cells
- Neurotoxicity of propofol on rat hypoglossal motoneurons in vitro
- Hydrogen gas attenuates sevoflurane neurotoxicity through inhibiting nuclear factor κ-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells signaling and proinflammatory cytokine release in neonatal rats
- Dexmedetomidine-mediated neuroprotection against sevoflurane-induced neurotoxicity extends to several brain regions in neonatal rats