Millions of children undergo anesthesia annually and many of them are younger than 3 years old. Clinicians and parents frequently ask the question: is anesthesia safe for the developing child and is there an age range that is associated with a higher risk of anesthesia?
- Make a difference this holiday!
- Dexmedetomidine attenuates ethanol-induced inhibition of hippocampal neurogenesis in neonatal mice
- miR-455-3p alleviates propofol-induced neurotoxicity by reducing EphA4 expression in developing neurons
- Propofol inhibits the expression of Abelson nonreceptor tyrosine kinase without affecting learning or memory function in neonatal rats
- MicroRNA-204-5p mediates sevoflurane-induced cytotoxicity in HT22 cells by targeting brain-derived neurotrophic factor