The primary objective of this study was to describe in a geographically defined population the incidence of procedures requiring general anesthesia up to the child’s third birthday, and the patient characteristics associated with receiving these procedures. A secondary objective was to determine the proportion of children in the population who meet the risk criteria promulgated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- SmartTots Panel on Pediatric Anesthesia Neurotoxicity Research
- Anesthesia and Neurotoxicity Study Design, Execution, and Reporting in the Non-Human Primate: A Deep Dive
- Anesthetic activation of GABAA receptors in astrocytes trigger a persistent increase in cell-surface expression of α5GABAA receptors in neurons via IL-1β in mice
- Behavioural impairments after exposure of neonatal mice to propofol are accompanied by reductions in neuronal activity in cortical circuitry.
- Protective Effect of GM1 Attenuates Hippocampus and Cortex Apoptosis After Ketamine Exposure in Neonatal Rat via PI3K/AKT/GSK3β Pathway.