More than one million children under the age of five undergo surgery annually in the United States. The most common procedures are myringotomy tubes, tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, hernia repairs, and circumcisions. Recently, the issue of anesthesia-related neurotoxicity has been in the media limelight, and parents are appropriately fearful about the effects of general anesthesia on their child’s brain development.
- Overexpression of lncRNA Gm15621 alleviates apoptosis and inflammation response resulting from sevoflurane treatment through inhibiting miR-133a/Sox4.
- Role of autophagy in sevoflurane-induced neurotoxicity in neonatal rat hippocampal cells.
- The positive allosteric modulation of GABAA receptors mRNA in immature hippocampal rat neurons by midazolam affects receptor expression and induces apoptosis.
- Euxanthone Ameliorates Sevoflurane-Induced Neurotoxicity in Neonatal Mice.
- Toxicity mechanism of sevoflurane in neural stem cells of rats through DNA methylation.