We were interested to read the study by Schneuer et al looking at whether anesthesia in young children impacts on subsequent developmental assessment or school performance, and applaud their efforts to further examine what is a very important question for anesthetists, surgeons and parents. We feel that the study adds to the growing body of evidence that unnecessary multiple or prolonged general anesthetics should be avoided in early life.
- Sevoflurane diminishes neurogenesis and promotes ferroptosis in embryonic prefrontal cortex via inhibiting nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 expression.
- Neonatal Anesthesia and Oxidative Stress.
- LncRNA SNHG12 ameliorates bupivacaine-induced neurotoxicity by sponging miR-497-5p to upregulate NLRX1.
- Downregulation of HOTAIR reduces neuronal pyroptosis by targeting miR-455-3p/NLRP1 axis in propofol-treated neurons in vitro.
- MiRNA-384-5p targets GABRB1 to regulate ketamine-Induced Neurotoxicity in Neurons.