We thank Drs Ritchie‐McLean and Wilmshurst for their comments regarding our study entitled ‘The impact of general anesthesia on child development and school performance: a population‐based study’. The authors suggest that residual confounding has the potential to diminish the conclusions that can be drawn from our study.
- Intranasal insulin rescues repeated anesthesia-induced deficits in synaptic plasticity and memory and prevents apoptosis in neonatal mice via mTORC1.
- Mechanisms underlying neonate-specific metabolic effects of volatile anesthetics.
- Fetal surgery has no additional effect to general anesthesia on brain development in neonatal rabbits.
- Neonatal Isoflurane Does Not Affect Sleep Architecture and Minimally Alters Neuronal Beta Oscillations in Adolescent Rats.
- Pachypodol protects newborn rats from anaesthesia-induced apoptosis in the developing brain by regulating the JNK/ERK pathway.