Researchers at the Mayo Clinic in collaboration with the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) are conducting a population-based study of long-term cognitive development in a large cohort of Rochester, MN children. The study compares performance of children with no anesthetic exposure to those with single or multiple exposures prior to age three years on an extensive battery of neurocognitive tests including the operant test battery (OTB). Researchers at NCTR and Arkansas Children’s Hospital are using the OTB to evaluate cognitive performance in both children and non-human primates.
- Overexpression of lncRNA Gm15621 alleviates apoptosis and inflammation response resulting from sevoflurane treatment through inhibiting miR-133a/Sox4.
- Role of autophagy in sevoflurane-induced neurotoxicity in neonatal rat hippocampal cells.
- The positive allosteric modulation of GABAA receptors mRNA in immature hippocampal rat neurons by midazolam affects receptor expression and induces apoptosis.
- Euxanthone Ameliorates Sevoflurane-Induced Neurotoxicity in Neonatal Mice.
- Toxicity mechanism of sevoflurane in neural stem cells of rats through DNA methylation.