Millions of children undergo anesthesia annually and many of them are younger than 3 years old. Clinicians and parents frequently ask the question: is anesthesia safe for the developing child and is there an age range that is associated with a higher risk of anesthesia?
- Neurotoxic effect of nalufin on the histology, ultrastructure, cell cycle and apoptosis of the developing chick embryo and its amelioration by selenium.
- Propofol induces the apoptosis of neural stem cells via microRNA-9-5p / chemokine CXC receptor 4 signaling pathway.
- Enhanced hippocampal neurogenesis mediated by PGC-1α-activated OXPHOS after neonatal low-dose Propofol exposure.
- Implication of microglia in ketamine-induced long-term cognitive impairment in murine pups.
- Melatonin attenuates spatial learning and memory dysfunction in developing rats by suppressing isoflurane-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress via the SIRT1/Mfn2/PERK signaling pathway.