Millions of children undergo anesthesia annually and many of them are younger than 3 years old. Clinicians and parents frequently ask the question: is anesthesia safe for the developing child and is there an age range that is associated with a higher risk of anesthesia?
- Z-DNA/RNA Binding Protein 1 Senses Mitochondrial DNA to Induce Receptor-Interacting Protein Kinase-3/Mixed Lineage Kinase Domain-Like-Driven Necroptosis in Developmental Sevoflurane Neurotoxicity.
- Embryonic exposure to fentanyl induces behavioral changes and neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae.
- Sevoflurane induces neurotoxic effects on developing neurons through the WNK1/NKCC1/Ca2+ /Drp-1 signalling pathway.
- Single-nucleus atlas of sevoflurane-induced hippocampal cell-type- and sex-specific effects during development in mice.
- Ketamine impairs growth cone and synaptogenesis in human GABAergic projection neurons via GSK-3β and HDAC6 signaling.