The Pediatric Anesthesia and Neurodevelopment Assessment (PANDA) study team held its biennial symposium in April 2018 to discuss issues on anesthetic neurotoxicity in the developing brain. One of the sessions invited speakers with different areas of expertise to discuss “Outcomes Research in Vulnerable Pediatric Populations.” The vulnerable populations included neonates, children with congenital heart disease, children from low socioeconomic status, and children with incarcerated parents. Each speaker presented some of the ongoing research efforts in these groups as well as the challenges encountered in studying them.
- Search Announcement: Medical Officer
- Anesthesia for Major Surgery in the Neonate
- Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act (BPCA) Priority Releases 2020-2021 List of Needs in Pediatric Therapeutics
- HSP90 inhibitor 17AAG attenuates sevoflurane-induced neurotoxicity in rats and human neuroglioma cells via induction of HSP70
- Effects of propofol on hippocampal neuron viability