More than one million children under the age of five undergo surgery annually in the United States. The most common procedures are myringotomy tubes, tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, hernia repairs, and circumcisions. Recently, the issue of anesthesia-related neurotoxicity has been in the media limelight, and parents are appropriately fearful about the effects of general anesthesia on their child’s brain development.
- Sevoflurane diminishes neurogenesis and promotes ferroptosis in embryonic prefrontal cortex via inhibiting nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 expression.
- Neonatal Anesthesia and Oxidative Stress.
- LncRNA SNHG12 ameliorates bupivacaine-induced neurotoxicity by sponging miR-497-5p to upregulate NLRX1.
- Downregulation of HOTAIR reduces neuronal pyroptosis by targeting miR-455-3p/NLRP1 axis in propofol-treated neurons in vitro.
- MiRNA-384-5p targets GABRB1 to regulate ketamine-Induced Neurotoxicity in Neurons.