The IARS recently announced the appointment of Lena S. Sun, MD, as the Medical Director of SmartTots. Dr. Sun is an established basic science, translational and clinical researcher, a board-certified physician in Pediatrics, Anesthesiology and Pediatric Anesthesiology and a practicing pediatric anesthesiologist. As the Medical Director of SmartTots, she will help promote and advocate for research to advance and ensure safety of anesthesia in children. She will specifically work with researchers, clinicians, parents and other relevant stakeholders to develop future research strategies to address the pressing challenges to understand the effects of anesthetic and sedative agents in the developing brain. She will also work with all stakeholders to support the implementation and dissemination of research results related to all SmartTots-related issues.
- Anesthesia for Major Surgery in the Neonate
- Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act (BPCA) Priority Releases 2020-2021 List of Needs in Pediatric Therapeutics
- HSP90 inhibitor 17AAG attenuates sevoflurane-induced neurotoxicity in rats and human neuroglioma cells via induction of HSP70
- Effects of propofol on hippocampal neuron viability
- Neuroprotective effects of dexmedetomidine against the ketamine-induced disturbance of proliferation and differentiation of developing neural stem cells in the subventricular zone