In this editorial, the authors suggest broadening the mandate of pediatric anesthesiologists to examine all aspects of pediatric care and determine ways that it can be improved. As the specialty that cares for children in the operating room, intensive care units, and pain clinics, anesthesiologists are uniquely positioned to take on the challenge of determining which factors are most important in assuring optimal care for patients.
- Behavioural impairments after exposure of neonatal mice to propofol are accompanied by reductions in neuronal activity in cortical circuitry.
- Protective Effect of GM1 Attenuates Hippocampus and Cortex Apoptosis After Ketamine Exposure in Neonatal Rat via PI3K/AKT/GSK3β Pathway.
- Singular and short-term anesthesia exposure in the developing brain induces persistent neuronal changes consistent with chronic neurodegenerative disease.
- Edaravone Alleviated Propofol-Induced Neurotoxicity in Developing Hippocampus by mBDNF/TrkB/PI3K Pathway.
- Effect of dexmedetomidine on sevoflurane-induced neurodegeneration in neonatal rats.