In this editorial, the authors suggest broadening the mandate of pediatric anesthesiologists to examine all aspects of pediatric care and determine ways that it can be improved. As the specialty that cares for children in the operating room, intensive care units, and pain clinics, anesthesiologists are uniquely positioned to take on the challenge of determining which factors are most important in assuring optimal care for patients.
- Ketamine-induced neurotoxicity in neurodevelopment: A synopsis of main pathways based on recent in vivo experimental findings.
- Ferroptosis contributes to isoflurane-induced neurotoxicity and learning and memory impairment.
- RIPK1/RIPK3-Mediated Necroptosis is Involved in Sevoflurane-Induced Neonatal Neurotoxicity in the Rat Hippocampus.
- lncRNA Xist regulates sevoflurane-induced social and emotional impairment by modulating miR-98-5p/EDEM1 signaling axis in neonatal mice.
- Hypermethylation of EFEMP1 in the Hippocampus May Be Related to the Deficit in Spatial Memory of Rat Neonates Triggered by Repeated Administration of Propofol.