In this editorial, the authors suggest broadening the mandate of pediatric anesthesiologists to examine all aspects of pediatric care and determine ways that it can be improved. As the specialty that cares for children in the operating room, intensive care units, and pain clinics, anesthesiologists are uniquely positioned to take on the challenge of determining which factors are most important in assuring optimal care for patients.
- Comparer Pommes et Oranges: Perils of Translating Rodent Studies to Human Outcomes
- Repeated sevoflurane exposures inhibit neurogenesis by inducing the upregulation of glutamate transporter 1 in astrocytes.
- The propofol-induced mitochondrial damage in fetal rat hippocampal neurons via the AMPK/P53 signaling pathway.
- Ketamine modulates neural stem cell differentiation by regulating TRPC3 expression through the GSK3β/β-catenin pathway.
- Sevoflurane induces microRNA-18a to delay rat neurodevelopment via suppression of the RUNX1/Wnt/β-catenin axis.